Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome!

Hello everyone! Thank you for taking the time to check out my new blog. I am doing this mostly for myself to keep myself accountable for my diet and exercise. I am a mommy to 2 beautiful girls, Kiley (5), and Delaney (8 months). I am also a step mom to 3 great kids. I started exercising in high school to lose weight. It didn't take me long to realize how great it made me feel both physically and emotionally. I have lost all my "baby weight" through breastfeeding. Now I need to get back in shape for summer. Though I have been exercising since Delaney was born I am now ready to take it up a notch with intensity. I am still nursing so my diet isn't as in check as it normally would be. I can't cut my calories too much or my baby isn't happy!

We recently bought a treadmill and I have found some online home workout sites. I have been exercising while Delaney naps. Kiley likes to watch and dance to my music. We have fun!

Here is the workout I did today!

I warmed up for 5 minutes on the treadmill. Then I cool down for 10 minutes afterward I love these short but intense workouts. When you are a mommy you need options that are short yet intense enough to get results.

Courtesy of http://www.bodyrock.tv/
I used this online interval timer http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/

Instructions:
This workout is only 12 minute long circuit. Try to push yourself to the limit to get the most out of today’s training – if you have a reason to do so :) Set your Interval Timer for 12 rounds of 10 and 50 second intervals. 10 seconds is for resting and writing your reps down. Do as many reps for each exercise as possible during each 50 second interval. The circuit looks like this:
10 sec. rest
1. Jump Lunge – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
2. Leg Raises – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
3. Jump Lunge – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
4. Santana Push Up & Leg Lift
10 sec. rest
5. Jump Lunge – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
6. Chin Ups – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
7. Jump Lunge – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
8. Seated Bicycle - 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
9. Jump Lunge – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
10. One Leg Dead Lift (left leg) – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
11. Jump Lunge – 50 sec. effort
10 sec. rest
12. One Leg Dead Lift (right leg) – 50 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment