Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Workout!

Quote Of The Day: Those who think they not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. - Edward Stanl

Today I am finally caught up on my sleep even though Miss Laney Lou kept waking up every hour after 3:30am! I did the workout below and man did it kick my butt! I was drenched by the end and my legs were shaking. I love these home workouts! They remind me of what I used to do in my boot camp classes minus all the running on the track and stairs. For now I am not going to journal my diet but I always try to stick with whole foods (whole grains, veggies, fruits, almond milk, nuts, etc). We also cook with lean turkey and chicken.

Workout Breakdown

5 minutes warm up on treadmill

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/02/09/hot-mess-workout/

Time: +/-30min.Workout Type: Time ChallengeExercises: 5

  • Round 1=10 Get Ups
  • Round 2 =Round 1 + 20x Backward Lunge & Sandbag Press
  • Round 3 =Round 2 + 20x Sandbag Squat
  • Round 4 = Round 3 + 10x Burpees
  • Round 5 =Round 4 + 40x One Leg Toe Touch

Instructions:
This workout is like a game. You start with just one exercise and each round you are adding a new one so that in the 5th round you end up doing 5 exercises. Then you reverse the order and start with 5 exercises and work your way down to the first one.
Set your interval timer as a stop watch and start with the first round. Continue until you complete the 5th round. Stop your timer and write down your score. Now start with the 5th round and work your way down to the 1st round. Stop your timer and write down your time.

5 minutes cool down on treadmill

I finished in 20 minutes and 5 seconds!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment