Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Turkey Chili and Yummy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!

Today I didn't work out at all! On Tuesday I stay up with my youngest daughter and just nap when she naps. We pay a sitter to watch her during the night when we are both at work but I just can't bring myself to pay a sitter just so we can sleep so we just stay up with her. Greg stays up on Mondays and I stay up on Tuesdays. Eventually once I stop breastfeeding her we will probably have to have someone stay with her so we can get some sleep. It is pretty exhausting! Especially when her naps are short.

Greg made Turkey chili for dinner and we paired it with some brown rice instead of crackers and a little low fat cheese. It was really good and filling! I also made a "healthified" banana bread with some overripe bananas that had been sitting out for a few days.

Here is the recipe:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 mashed ripe bananas
2 tbsp canola oil or you can use 1/4 cup applesauce
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 egg whites

I just mixed it all together with a blender and then added dark chocolate chips, baked it at 350 degrees in a greased loaf pan. It was very moist and yummy and Kiley and Xander LOVED it!

Tomorrow Kiley has preschool and while she is at preschool and Delaney naps I will exercise! Delaney has her 9 month check up tomorrow. We are anxious to see how much our little chunka monka weighs now. She went from itsy bitsy baby to a chunky monkey really fast. Mommy must have some high fat milk!

Delaney was sick for the first time Sunday night. I took Sunday night off work for an appointment I had on Monday I wanted to be rested for and I am really glad I did because I was able to be there for my baby when she got sick. I put her to bed at 6:45pm and 20 minutes later she woke up with a weak cry. I went in to check on her and she was covered in vomit. I scooped her up and she continued to spit up. After she stopped I gave her a bath and she was so sick she was shaking. She then started throwing up again. I was getting worried so I went downstairs and woke Greg up. He went to the store and bought her some pedialyte and sat with us for awhile to make sure she was gong to be okay. She calmed down but still vomited a few more times until midnight. I was a nervous wreck! Kiley had never gotten the intestinal flu that young. It just broke my heart to see my little baby so sick and not being able to keep anything down. She was so lethargic and sleepy. I put her beside me in bed and kept checking on her every hour throughout the night. She woke up at 4:30 and I gave her some pedialyte which she kept down. Then at 6:30 she nursed. I was prepared to take her to the ER if she didn't keep anything down at that point because she hadn't had a wet diaper in over 8 hours. She woke up again at 9:00am and again drank some pedialyte which she proceeded to puke up all over herself and me. Then came the diarrhea...uggg!! Poor baby. She was still going today and was whiny and I could tell her tummy still wasn't right.

Tomorrow I will do this workout courtesy of bodyrock.tv:

10 minutes warm up and then cool down on the treadmill.

Workout Breakdown

Time: 10min.Workout Type: Maximum Sets Challenge Exercises: 1
  • 2 jumps forward, 10 High Knees, drop down and power upcomplete as many sets as possible

No comments:

Post a Comment