Sunday, February 27, 2011

From picky eater to not so picky!

The other day  while out to dinner with my husband at a local Hungarian place I tried sauerkraut for the first time.....and I loved it! I always thought I hated it because I hated the smell and I was just sure it tasted awful. My husband is one of those people that loves all food. He loves or likes pretty much everything and will try just about anything. I have always been a picky eater. Greg always convinces me to try new food and I usually like it, sometimes love it, and often realize that what I thought would be nasty isn't so bad. The one thing he made me try that was as bad as I thought brussel sprouts...bleh. After coming to the realization that sauerkraut was in fact really good, I proceeded to eat half of it from his plate. He tells me that is where Kiley and Delaney get their "grubsticks". They are always trying to take food from everyone else's plates too! While we were talking about the sauerkrat, I realized all the foods that I now love and eat on a regular basis that I wouldn't have dreamed of eating before...all thanks to my Greggy! To name a few...cucumbers, asparagus, sweet potatoes, bbq sauce, Hungarian food, avacado, conch, and much more. A lot of these foods have really added to my diet and have made it easier to eat healthfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment